Modern slavery and human trafficking statement
This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Carron Real Estate Limited has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Carron Real Estate Limited has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
Carron Real Estate Limited is a property services business specialising commercial sales, lettings, business rates and surveying. The company’s interests are UK based only and it is unlikely that any supply chain for goods or services will extend outside of the UK.
Carron Real Estate Limited considers that modern slavery encompasses:
- human trafficking
- forced work, through mental or physical threat
- being owned or controlled by an employer through mental or physical abuse of the threat of abuse
- being dehumanised, treated as a commodity or being bought or sold as property
- being physically constrained or to have restrictions placed on freedom of movement.
POTENTIAL HIGH RISK AREAS
The potential high-risk areas identified by the business include:
- Sub-contractor’s engaged for the purposes of property maintenance
- Engagement of agency staff
The vast majority of the businesses’ interests are considered low risk as they involve internal operations only.
The business operates a number of internal policies which ensure we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Recruitment – The business operates a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all colleagues to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Agency staff – The business does not currently employ Agency staff.
- Subcontractors – Only authorised sub-contractors may be used for the provision of services; these firms are screened and sign up to a contract of service before services are agreed.
- Suppliers – The company operates an appointed supplier system from which it’s materials and services may be purchased. These agreements are reviewed frequently.
Company Directors will be appropriately trained and accessible to identify any potential concerns.
Carron Real Estate Limited – 45 (1F) Frederick Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EP
Phone: 0131 235 2195
Hope you found this policy useful and any related links on the page.